It will be difficult to automate testing if you don’t consider it when creating your web application.
It will be difficult, regardless of whether you are a code wizard or a no-code ninja.
Here are some crucial ideas to have in mind as you develop your app to make testing a breeze.
In other words, let’s make testing as simple as a Sunday morning, dependable as a Swiss watch and as easy as pie (and just as desirable).
1. Use Element Ids: to make it simpler for automated testing software to find and interact with page elements.
2. Use class and id names that are descriptive and easy to understand. Doing so will make it simpler for testing tools to find and interact with particular objects on the page.
3. Avoid using complicated layout structures: It will be simpler to develop test cases that cover many circumstances if you use simple layout structures, such grids or tables.
4. Distinguish business logic from UI code: This will improve the UI code’s isolation, making it simpler to test and maintain.
5. Adopt a test-driven development methodology: By creating test cases prior to building the user interface, developers can make sure that their code complies with the required requirements and is functional.
6. Use a linting tool to assist find syntax mistakes and style problems before they cause issues during testing.